O*Net is a website where parents and students may visit to see what skills are needed for careers in the Early Childhood Field. This is a great website full of information to help guide students in their education and their future careers. Many of the skills that are listed are already implemented in the curriculum here at LycoCTC.
These skills are…
- Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring — Monitoring /Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
For more information, please visit…. http://www.onetcenter.org/overview.html