The Pennsylvania College of Technology Dual Enrollment Option
Penn College Dual Enrollment | Penn College NOW Program
Through an alliance with Pennsylvania College of Technology, level 3 (12th grade) students have the opportunity to take one college level course per semester while in high school providing seats are available for a class related to the technical course the student is enrolled in at Lycoming Career & Technology Center.
To be eligible for this option, students must meet:
- Penn College Pre-Admission requirements
- Must be recommended by Instructor, Workforce Development Coordinator, Director, High School Principal, High School Counselor, and Parent/Guardian
- Must have transportation to and from college
- Must be covered under parent or school insurance
- Must have good attendance and discipline record
- Must provide Workforce Development Coordinator with a completed level 3 application
- To allow the student to broaden and further his or her education through higher education facilities
- Provide the student with an opportunity to experience college requirements
- Provide the student with an opportunity to acquire career awareness and goals
- Earn High School credit
- Build a college transcript and earn college credits
- Build self-esteem
- Get acquainted with college peers
Student Guidelines before and during college:
- Lycoming Career & Technology Center will be responsible for the tuition cost for the completed course
- Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks, equipment needed for course, and parking permit.
- If student drops class before end of semester he or she is responsible for any costs incurred by Lycoming Career and Technology Center.
- Provide the Workforce Development Coordinator, a weekly time sheet signed by the college instructor.
- Participation in any standardized evaluations within his or her related cluster if necessary (example – Notional Occupational Competency Testing Institute NOCTI).
- Student is responsible for transportation to and from the college class.
- Provide a signed copy of Student Rules and Regulations Packet to the Workforce Development Coordinator, prior to the first day of classes.